Pages

" --- only be attentive to what is arising within you and place that above everything you perceive around you. What is happening in your innermost self is worthy of your entire love." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Saturday, December 5, 2009

What's a girl to do when feeling the blues?













Throw a tea party!
When feeling blue I remember the good old sweets that I ate and the flavorful tea that made me so happy.
I recently had one on the island in this really really pretty juice bar called Ola, owned by the cutest baker I know!
She made me mahalo muffins- banana, pecan nuts and kahlua with a thin layer of light buttermilk frosting with dessicated coconut (crazy!) with heart printed cups (oh so sweet), blueberry muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, delectable brownies and tuna cheese spread on top of crusty sliced french bread.





I made little heart cut-outs from banana leaves and my favorite is my name! I placed brownies and oatmeal cookies on top for anyone to pick! And of course the tea! Fresh ginger with lemongrass and basil leaves, fresh tarragon tea (straight from her garden) and green tea. An afternoon delight indeed with loved ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment